Public Relations Policy
Application: Library Trustees
- Public relations goals of the Cape Vincent Community Library are:
- To promote a good understanding of the Library’s objectives and services among governing officials, civic leaders, and the general public;
- To promote active participation in the varied services offered by the Library to people of all ages.
- The Board recognizes that public relations involve every person who has a connection with the Library. The Board urges its own members and every staff member to realize that he or she represents the Library in every public contact. Good service supports good public relations.
- The Library Director and or staff appointed by the Library Director will be expected to make presentations and to participate in community activities to promote library services. A reasonable amount of library time will be allowed for preparation and speaking. Materials to be used by the media will be approved by the Library Director.
- The Board will cover costs related to printing, publication, supplies, and miscellaneous needs related to the public relations effort.
The Board of Trustees and Library Director will oversee public relations efforts.