Cape Vincent Community Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
November 18, 2021
Elizabeth Bolton, President
Carole Jinks, Vice President
Shannon Connerton, Trustee
Kathleen Pierce, Secretary
Mary Titus, Trustee
Amy Pond, Library Director
Mary Rupp, Treasurer
President Bolton called the Trustees’ meeting to order at 4:05 p.m.
The minutes of the October 21, 2021, meeting were approved on a motion by M. Titus and seconded by C. Jinks (5-0).
Trustees reviewed the monthly Treasurer’s Report as of October 31, 2021. On a motion by C. Jinks and seconded by S. Connerton, the Trustees accepted and approved the Treasurer’s report. All voting aye (5-0).
Mary Rupp, Treasurer, shared another draft of the proposed 2022 budget. Board members again reviewed and discussed the income and expenditure sides of the budget along with a pay increase for staff. A table with the proposed 2022 Library budget (income/expenses) to be posted on the website was discussed.
Director Pond reported the following:
- Clayton and Depauville Libraries are going to be on the ballot in May for an increase of $7500 each.
President Bolton made a motion that the Cape Vincent Community Library go on the ballot in May 2022 for a $7500 increase. M. Titus seconded; all voting aye. (5-0)
- Compliance Initiative Toolkit form due to NCLS by December 31, 2021, was reviewed and discussed with Trustees. The Director will fill out the form and return by the due date.
- Board members and the Director reviewed and discussed the Sexual Harassment Training video which is a mandatory requirement for staff and Trustees.
- Long-time Trustee and Friend of the Library, June Walker, passed away. A leaf will be placed on the Memory Tree in her honor.
- Reviewed the agenda of Christmas-related activities planned for the Library and in the Village from November 22 through December 11.
- A possible fundraising collaboration with a local business for 2022 calendars was reviewed.
- Shared information on grant opportunities in 2022: a State Archives Project and a Digital Inclusion Project.
- Building Report – the Village has stored the Library’s deck chairs and benches and in collaboration with the Village and Corrections Department, the leaves have been raked. The Director installed a new patron counter that needed replacing.
- Donation thank you notes are up to date thanks to C. Jinks.
Director Pond and Trustee Jinks shared that The Friends of the Library were giving a $1000 donation to the library.
Next Trustees’ meeting is December 16, 2021, at 4 p.m. at the Library.
At 6:04 p.m., with no further business, E. Bolton asked for a motion to adjourn. Motion made by S. Connerton and seconded by M. Titus and carried; all voting aye (5-0).
Kathleen M. Pierce