Library Curbside Pickup
During a declared emergency, pandemic, or quarantine when the Library is in Services Levels 3 through 5, anyone with a library card can use curbside pickup.
Don’t have a library card? You will receive an email with a temporary card number that can be used for online resources and placing holds for curbside pickup. Library staff will contact you about your permanent card.
- Search for materials in our catalog and click “Place Hold” to reserve them.
- Wait for a phone call or email notifying you that materials are ready for pickup.
- Follow instructions for curbside service.
You may also request materials by calling 315-654-2132.
The library is not accepting book donations at this time.
Returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being re-shelved or released for reserves, based on the most current information available.
The library will take every step possible to ensure the safety of staff and patrons and will follow all safety protocol and guidance provided by the state and local health departments. It is expected that patrons follow any and all safety measures that library staff put in place. This may include, but not limited to, social distancing, mask wearing, and staying home when you are sick.
Procedures for Using Curbside Pickup
1. Place materials on hold with your library card using the on-line catalogue, the North Country Libraries App, email (email@example.com), or phone the library at 315-654-2132.
2. Once you are notified that your holds are available, the patron will make an appointment with the library staff for pick up.
3. Library staff will check out items and place them in a bag on a table on the front porch or entryway.
4. Patron will arrive at the appointed day and time to pick up their items.
Returning Library Materials:
When you return items, please use the walk-up book return. Staff are not able to take items from you at your vehicle.
Once you receive a notice (by phone call or email) that your item is ready, we will hold it for seven (7) days.