The Cape Vincent Community Library is grateful for the community’s continued support. The library uses donations to help give back to the community by offering programs, materials, and services. There are many ways that you can donate to our library.
1. Donate your time, skills and talents by volunteering! The library is always looking for programming ideas. If you have a special skill, hobby or interest to share, you could volunteer to lead a workshop, present a program, lead a craft group or help with a special project. You could bake cupcakes for a bake sale, help with the garden in the front lawn, decorate the library for holidays/seasons, create a book display, or even be a guest reader for a children’s program. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please contact the library and/or consider becoming a member of the Friends of the Library.
2. Donate money directly to the Library. Any donation to the library is greatly appreciated and you can be sure that it will be used in a way that best serves the library. We are frugal shoppers and conservative spenders, which means that every dollar is just as important as the next. We utilize many resources to shop and always try to find the best deals possible. Any person or organization that donates $100.00 or more, has the option to have an Engraved Leaf on our Tree of Love, Honor and Recognition. The Cape Vincent Community Library is honored to offer the community the opportunity to engrave a leaf in honor or memory of a family member, friend or even yourself. The leaf can have 3 lines of text with up to 21 characters/spaces per line. Along with a $100.00 donation to the Cape Vincent Community Library, please print and fill out the form and bring it to the library, or send it to Cape Vincent Library, PO Box 283, Cape Vincent, NY 13618 with your check, and a leaf will be engraved and hung on the Tree of Love, Honor, and Recognition, which hangs on the back wall, in the main room beside the fireplace. You will receive a note thanking you for your donation, which you will be able to use for tax purposes.
3. Use AmazonSmile to give a donation to the Library. AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support the our library every time you shop online, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, they will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You’ll just need to select the Cape Vincent Community Library as the charity you would like to support on smile.amazon.com.
4. Donate items from our Amazon Wish List. You can purchase an item from the library’s Amazon Wish List, and have it sent directly to the library, or send it to your home and bring the donation into the library yourself. These are items that staff members would like to have for programs, staff materials, staff resources, items could be for a special project, program, event, or they may just be helpful items to have on hand in the library. No matter the item, big or small, it will make a huge impact for our library, staff morale and ultimately will help us better serve our patrons and our community.
5. Donate books, dvds, audiobooks, magazines etc. to the library. We add hundreds of donated items each year into our collection. If we don’t add the items to our collection, they may be used as giveaway items for prizes, added to our outreach collection for our Little Free Libraries in the community, be put into a library book sale, or sent to a ‘Sustainable Shelves’ program which gives us credit towards the purchase of new books. The library will only accept items in good, clean condition. All items must be free of rips, stains, writing/drawing, mold, mildew, scratches on discs, missing pieces etc. The library cannot accept encyclopedias, textbooks, reader’s digest condensed books, VHS tapes, or cassette tapes. This is not an inclusive list; if you have questions about items you would like to donate, please contact the library.
6. Donate money to the Friends of the Library group. The Friends group contributes funds to the library for things that the regular budget does not allow for. They have sponsored programs, guest speakers, presenters, craft supplies, book giveaways and more. They have also purchased bookshelves, books and audiobooks for the collection, the staff circulation desk and holiday decorations for the library. Any donation to the Friends group is greatly appreciated and you will receive a note thanking you for your donation, which you will be able to use for tax purposes. You can bring money to the library or checks can be mailed to; Friends of the Library, PO Box 283, Cape Vincent, NY 13618.
** Any monetary donation to the library or the Friends Group is tax deductible and greatly appreciated. Regardless of how much you donate, your donation is used to purchase more materials for the library that are added to our collection, or used for programming. If you have a special request for how your donation is used, please contact the library or send a note with your donation.